For everyone who’s been on the keto diet long enough know that MCT oil can help immensely for a variety of different things. But if you’re a beginner and have yet to unlock its true potential, then we are here to help you out. We’re showing you how it works for your diet and have also included a short list of the best MCT oil for keto that we know.
What is it?
MCTs or Medium-Chain Triglycerides are a type of fat and are processed differently than Long-Chain Triglycerides that are usually found in animal fats, they are easily broken down by the body. Since MCTs act more like carbs than fats it gets burned by the body with ease and doesn’t get stored. Think of it as a clean source of fuel for your body which makes it great if you’re on a low-carb and high-fat diet like keto.
So where does MCTs come from? We’re glad to tell you that fats from MCT oils are found in some of the cleanest sources there is. MCT oils are mainly sourced coconut oil which has a whopping 60% of MCTs on its fat content.but other sources like cheese, yogurt and butter are also used in MCT oils.
How does it work on keto?
Now that we’ve covered what MCT oils are, here are some of the ways MCT oils can help you in the long run on your keto diet:
Ups ketone production
The number one goal when you’re on keto is to reach the state of ketosis. And while having to do it the good ‘ol fashioned way by eating foods high in fat, taking it a step further by supplementing it with a cleaner fuel source like MCTs can bump up your ketone production levels that could actually help you reach the state of ketosis faster.
Curbs your appetite
For people having trouble with cravings, incorporating MCT oils into your diet can be of great help. Since it is a type of fat and fats are known for satiating the appetite leaving you feeling full for longer periods of time which makes your keto journey easier and stress-free. Who doesn’t want that?
Added energy boost –
The keto diet is all about fat. As the goal is to replace carbs or glucose as a main fuel source for the body to fat or ketones. Fat and loads of it are needed to sustain your body’s energy throughout the day. MCT oils are a healthier and cleaner type of fat that gets burned down by the body easily so it is the best fuel source for the body especially if you’ll be doing physical activities such as exercise.
Maximized weight loss results
Did we mention that MCTs are a cleaner and healthier type of fat? Yes? Okay good. Since the keto diet is effective enough in burning fat and making you lose weight, pairing it with a clean energy source like MCT oils is bound to boost your weight loss results.
Improves blood sugar levels
Recent studies have found that MCT supplementation can not only help with insulin sensitivity which is vital for diabetes prevention and treatment but also in lowering blood sugar levels since it has a slight hypoglycemic effect which could prove beneficial for people suffering diabetes or prediabetes.
Strengthens the immune system
Some studies have also found that MCTs also have antibiotic and antiviral properties that help combat bacterias such as streptococcus and staphylococcus
How to use MCT oil for keto?
So you want to try out MCT oils but don’t know how. We got you covered, we’ll give you some tips on how to use this miracle product the right way plus we’ll even give you some of the best MCT oil brands in the market to get you started.
First off, MCT supplements come in all shapes and forms. If you are to choose a product, it has to depend on how you want to use it.
Basic Forms of MCT Oil Products:
- MCTs in capsule form – Easy and stress-free, MCT softgels or capsules are the simplest among MCT products. They are easy to digest and are perfect for people who want to get their daily dose of energy.
- MCTs in liquid form – Adding MCT Oil in your meals is one way to make them exciting. MCT oil goes really well with your favorite drinks like smoothies and coffee. Plus, it works great on salads!
- MCTs in powder form – If you want a quick meal in a cup, you can whip up one with MCT powder. It has a lot of health and energy boosting properties.
Top Three Best MCT Oil for Keto:
- Onnit MCT oil – a highly recommended brand. This company makes different types of MCT oils that are rich in lauric acid and are dairy and gluten-free and vegan as well.
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil – comes in a variety of bottle sizes which is great if it’s your first time on keto. It also contains higher levels of MCT than other brands out there.
- Perfect Keto MCT Oil Powder – is a high-quality MCT supplement that has no additives or fillers. It’s also worth noting that it is one of the most decent priced products out there.
Taking MCT oils is one of the best ways to optimize your weight loss results while on keto. It also makes life on keto much easier since it provides you loads of health benefits and boosts your energy levels.