Many people love eating out. Especially when you want to meet up with a friend, lover, or even a family outing. Restaurants are one of the nicest places that you can go to. The thing with people on diets like the keto diet is finding a restaurant that would have what they want. Many of the restaurants out there serve foods that are high in carbs and cholesterol levels. So what’s the way out for people on the keto diet that want to eat out? We will be answering the question of how to eat out on a keto diet. Hopefully, you would get one or two tips that would help you with eating out when you’re on a keto diet.
Also, we will be talking about some of the best restaurants for people on keto. There are many restaurants now that cater to the needs of people on keto. All you have to do is find out these restaurants and find out the one closest to you. That’s why we will be providing you with a list of the best restaurants for keto diet followers. You sure don’t want to miss this if you’re a keto follower, so keep reading.
How to Eat Out on Keto
Some tips can help you with eating out when you’re on a keto diet. Let’s take a look at some of these tips.
It’s important that if you want to go to a restaurant you plan. Make sure you have an idea of what they offer. Most of the restaurants out there have their menu online. With this, you would be able to choose which meal would best suit your diet. And once you get to the restaurant being specific with your order would go a long way in reducing the number of carbs you would consume.
Get rid of starch
Make sure that when you’re eating out, you get rid of all forms of temptations. Don’t opt for pasta, rice, or potatoes. Make sure that when you are ordering you don’t opt for starchy meals. You can do this efficiently by asking questions just before you place your order. Also, you can ask for substitutes that are low in carbs. That way, you wouldn’t have to take something high in carbs because you’re eating out.
Add healthy fat
The truth is that many of the restaurants out there have high carb foods and low-fat foods. And since you are on a keto diet, you need a meal that is high in fat. How can this be achieved? You can ask for extra butter on your meal. You can also request for more olive oil or vinegar to be added to your meal. At least that way, you can get a bit more fat. But when doing this make sure the restaurant uses healthy fat. Many of the restaurants use cheaper oils, so this might be a bit hard to achieve.
Keep track of condiments and sauces
The truth is that many people don’t pay so much attention to their sauces and condiments when they go out to eat. And there are so many sauces and condiments that are high in carbs and all. And this, of course, is not good for you when you are on a low-carb diet. If you don’t have an idea of what the sauce contains you can ask just before you use it.
Be careful of drinks
The best option for you when you’re on a keto diet is water, coffee, tea, and sparkling water. All these don’t contain large amounts of carbs. But for other drinks, especially alcohol, make sure you have an idea of its carb content before you opt for it.
You may need to ditch dessert
If you aren’t hungry, then you may not need to opt for dessert. If you are still hungry then a cup of coffee with a lot of creams would be okay.
Best Restaurants for Keto Diet Followers
- Chili’s: This is one of the restaurants that have some of the simplest menus for people on the keto diet. You can opt for a steak with a veggie. That’s a good combo for people on the keto diet. If you would opt for this restaurant opt for the smaller portions. And make sure that you keep your protein intake in check.
- Starbucks: They are some good options that are high in fat and protein. The good thing is that the snack combo would be able to keep you full for a while. And then you would be able to get a good amount of protein from it. Just make sure that all your meals for the day are not from Starbucks.
- Applebee’s: One keto-friendly meal that you can opt for is the grilled meat that comes with vegetables. For this, you can opt for broccoli, and that’s about 6g of carbs. As for the fat content having guacamole on your chicken would be a good option for you.
- Blaze pizza: Not many places offer keto-friendly pizza. But right here, they do. So if you are craving pizza, you can opt for keto-friendly pizza from blaze pizza. The thing though, is that the fat content of their pizza wouldn’t help you reach the keto status that you need. So you might need to add a bit more cheese. If you are a bacon lover, you can also add a bit more bacon to boost the fat content.
- Smoothie King: For a refreshing and light meal this would be a food place to get one. A smoothie is a good option for you. The thing though is that most of the smoothies out there contain a lot of calories. But smoothie king now offers 2 different keto-friendly smoothies. You can get either the keto champ berry or the keto camp coffee.
The truth is that many restaurants now offer keto-friendly meals for keto followers. All you have to do is ask around. At least with this, you wouldn’t have a problem eating out even when on a keto diet. And make sure you don’t forget the tips that can help you on how to eat out on keto.