Admit it: heavy whipping cream makes your morning coffee complete! And you are not the only one who feels this way as a lot of people have been addicted to it, including those who are undergoing their strict diet. Those following the keto diet might be asking “is HWC keto?”
But when it comes to choosing whether you need to let go of whipping cream or continue to add it to your coffee, people who are in a diet, prefer to say goodbye to the rich taste of whipping cream. This is because when you are on a diet, specifically a keto diet, you need to make sure that you only eat around 20 to 50 carbs.
So that does that really mean that you need to avoid whipping cream? Or is there even a small chance that you can add it to your drink on your cheat day?
Carbs from HWC
Before anything else, you need to know the number of carbs that you can get from heavy whipping cream. If you check its nutrition facts, you will see that one tablespoon is equivalent to 0.41 grams.
One thing that you should note, though, is that not all brands list the real carb amount of HWC. You might notice that most list 0 grams so of course, you will be confident that it does not have carbs and it will not ruin your diet.
Imagine, if you put 1 cup of HWC, you can already get 6.5 carbs, which will lessen the available food intake that you can have for the day. And even if there are people who claim that their HWC does not have carbs, do not believe them. The truth is, all HWC contains carbs as it has cow’s milk in its ingredients. So there really is no such thing as zero-calorie heavy whipping cream.
But if you truly want to taste the creaminess of HWC, there is a trick that can help you. There have been people who decided to make a low-carb HWC for people who cannot resist having whipping cream on their drink.
This homemade KWC is sugar-free and is perfect for coffee, desserts, and hot chocolate. All you need to do is have 2 cups of heavy cream, vanilla essence, and Erythritol. The mentioned ingredients are 100% low in carbs and sugar-free. When mixed together, these can give you vitamin A, vitamin B, calcium, and energy.
You might think that making your own whipping cream is easy as pie, but it is not. You have to make sure that you get the right procedures to be sure that your HWC is creamy and perfect. Take note of the following:
- First and foremost, you need to keep your heavy cream cold. Do not keep it too long in the refrigerator and make it frozen.
- Place 2 cups of the cream into the mixing bowl. One tip to take note of is that the bowl must be cleaned well so that there will be no residue left. Any residue can ruin the HWC.
- Then, place 2 teaspoons of Erythritol.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the two ingredients. You can keep it at a low pace or medium as long as the cream does not scatter everywhere.
- Keep mixing for two minutes. Afterward, add the vanilla essence. This is optional as you can just proceed without having the vanilla essence. It was added to improve the flavor or the cream but it will still be your call.
- Combine all the ingredients until the cream has soft peaks. It should take about 3 to 8 minutes before this happens.
- In the event that you whip too much, you can end up having butter and not whipping cream.
- Once you have the HWC, move it to the serving bowl and add it to your dessert or beverage. You can keep it in a container that will last for 3 days.
The good thing about this whipping cream is that it can be used as a fat booster. Meaning to say, it can give you energy even you have done a lot of work throughout the day.
You can make various tasty food using whipping creams such as match pudding, hot chocolate, custard tart, and vanilla latte. Just make sure that the ingredients used are keto-friendly. Otherwise, the whole point of making a homemade KWC is useless.
One of the most important things that you need to remember when undergoing a keto diet is that you need to watch out for your carb intake. That means you need to make sure that the food that you eat does not have too many carbs.
Unfortunately, heavy whipping cream does contain carbs, even if most brands claim that it does not. In fact, one cup can already provide you with 6.5 grams of carbs which can be a huge loss to your strict 20 to 50 grams of allowed carb intake every day.
Luckily, there is a secret recipe that can make your HWC sugar free with fewer carbs. You can easily do this at home as it only has 3 ingredients, one is even optional. But before you start making one, you need to keep in mind that there are some important rules in making the perfect heavy whipping cream.
- Do not make the heavy cream frozen. Just keep it cold.
- Do not whisk the ingredients too much as it can turn into butter.
- Make sure that the mixing bowl does not have residue as it can ruin the cream.
Once you were able to make the whipping cream, you can easily add it to your favorite drinks and desserts. There is a lot of keto-friendly food that you can do without worrying about your diet.
Keto diet might be hard as it will limit the food that you eat, but there is a lot of food and beverages that you can still do. Just remember that all ingredients must be keto-friendly too.