Everyone knows that the key to health is the right balance of diet and exercise. But when you’re on the keto diet, there is a lot to consider when you want to pair it with an exercise regimen. This is especially important for people looking to do workouts that require tons of energy.
Luckily, yoga doesn’t require you to exert so much energy compared to intense training sets. If you’re looking for a great workout routine that offers flexibility, stress-relief, and weight loss, then yoga is definitely the one for you.
Learn some tips on how yoga and keto can work well together.
Yoga and keto
Originating from Indian philosophy, yoga is a discipline that combines breathing technique, physical posture, and relaxation. It is valued for its meditative purposes and health benefits.
Yoga is great all on its own but it works well with other exercise routines as well. Since it typically involves stretching, it enhances your flexibility, motion, and strength. Doing yoga is also a great way to introduce yourself to a workout routine.
When you pair yoga and keto, you can boost your weight loss results. You’re basically combining a low-key but effective exercise routine with an intense diet regimen.
Benefits of yoga
Yoga on its own offers plenty of benefits. But when coupled with the keto diet, it can give you the best kinds of results. Here are a few of them.
- Maximize weight loss results – a high-fat and low-carb diet such as keto is efficient on its own in producing weight loss results, however, if paired with a clinically-proven weight loss exercise like yoga, it’s the perfect combination if you’re looking to make the most out of the ketogenic diet.
- Reduce anxiety – since it is a meditative practice and relaxation is part of your routine, yoga is known for its stress-relief properties and can give you a more positive outlook for the rest of the week.
- Increase flexibility and balance – multiple studies have shown positive effects on athletes and the elderly in terms of their flexibility and balance. It is also known to improve leg strength and shoulder flexibility for younger people.
- Improve cardiovascular health – yoga may improve your overall cardiovascular health. It lowers cholesterol levels and inflammation in the cardiovascular system.
- Reduce pain – for people suffering from migraines and back pain, yoga is the perfect workout. It can improve balance and flexibility in your entire body, which makes it a great way to relieve pain.
Tips and tricks
- Do your research – for those who are not aware, yoga has many variations and its intensity may differ as well. Do your research and find what you think is best for you and your diet.
- Eat enough – as with any workout routine, yoga requires energy. Essentially, you must make sure your food intake can support you through the entire routine. So, remember to load up on your macros.
- Take supplements – supplements are a great way to provide your body with enough energy that will last you throughout the entire day even through a workout. Taking some before or after a workout can give you enough of a boost to last you through a grueling workout.
Whether it’s to boost your weight loss results or just a reason for you to move about. Doing exercise is a great way to make your body feel great and improve your overall health. So, find the best routine out there for you and work up a sweat!